[extropy-chat] prayer and healing again

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 7 03:55:40 UTC 2003

> On Wednesday 05 November 2003 23:36, Spike wrote:
>
> > Simple explanation for the
> > negative result: they didn't include members of
> > the *true* believers.
> >

> Hey man, it says "righteous" not right in their isms.  For
> all I know all of
> them were perfectly righteous cats well attuned to soul.
>
> - s

Samantha, it was my weak attempt at humor.  I am a former
member of a cult that refuses to acknowledge the righteousness
of anyone outside the enlightened minority (with the curious
exception of Albert Schweitzer).  The more extreme members of
that sect would argue that having the right ism matters.

I find the whole topic of prayer for healing as one that
simply invites parody, because any test of the notion
would necessarily lead to unending paradox.