[extropy-chat] Depressing Thought. from Laurence of Berkeley

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 9 07:57:48 UTC 2003

> On Saturday 08 November 2003 18:49, Rik van Riel wrote:
> >
> > Still, I wonder what "the real power lies with corporations"
> > means for libertarian beliefs.

Corporations are collections of people making a living,
creating wealth by making things, creating jobs and
wellbeing.  Corporations are our friends!  If real power
lies with corporations, then real power lies with people
working together to create wealth, which sounds good to me.
Far better this way than with real power being wielded by
those who create nothing but merely redistribute the wealth
that corporations create, while destroying much of that
wealth in the process.  This seems to me to be perfectly
compatible with libertarian ideals.