[extropy-chat] HISTORY: Solved & Unsolved Riddles

Thu Nov 13 20:50:39 UTC 2003

> > Kevin wrote:
> > > I am more inclined to believe that ....
> >
> > I know. Your language gives that away. Resist, resist. Keep the
> > meme-pool clean. Try inclining to posit.
> >
> > - Brett

I am not sure this is any better.  To my hearing, saying "I believe
that...." sounds like a long-term assumption, such as "I thought...."  To
say "I posit..." sounds like it was just made up on the spot, as in "I
guess...."

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,