[extropy-chat] FWD [SK] Re: Europe vs America (was Depressing thought....)

randy cryofan at mylinuxisp.com
Sun Nov 16 17:51:10 UTC 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:45:50 -0700, you wrote

>> in France/western Europe, or the USA. These numbers and financial
>> situational comparisons fascinate me. I would like to write a book
>> about this subject, as there is nothing that descibes this adequately,
>> that I can find anyway.
>
>He may be interested, but he isn't well informed about US income or taxes.
>
>Total US taxes rates are basically flat:
>http://graphics7.nytimes.com/images/2003/01/20/business/21DOUBLE.chart.jpg
>http://slate.msn.com/id/2077294/

Yeah, well, I call Bullsh*t on that and will deliver appropriate
rebuttal later. In the meantime., chew on this:

http://216.239.57.104/search?q=cache:vGjrVdKaeocJ:faculty.insead.fr/fatas/econ/Articles/Chasing%2520the%2520Leader.htm++Economist+%22Robert+Gordon%22+Northwestern+economic+Europe&hl=en&ie=UTF-8