[extropy-chat] Atheist charities, or lack of

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Mon Nov 17 05:08:44 UTC 2003

Kevin wrote:

> I had to admit I had no idea. I told him I would check into

> it and we would continue at a later time.  Does anyone know

> what, if any, charitable organizations there are that are atheistic

> in nature? I did a google on atheist charity and found almost

> nothing. I am a bit disturbed by this. This would be a terrific

> way to promote rational thinking. Am I missing something here?

> Or am I maybe sitting on a potentially rewarding career?

Atheism is a very narrow platform. About as narrow as

a-mermaide-ism, a-unicorn-ism and the view that Elvis Presley

is not alive. It is not a philospophy for living. Atheism has no

more (or less) to do with charity than the view that the moon is

not made of cheese.

Rational thinking is its own reward. Consider your standard of

living to that of any non homo-sapien you know. Would you

want to switch places?

Regards,

Brett