[extropy-chat] Tipler

Avatar Polymorph avatar at renegadeclothing.com.au
Tue Nov 18 05:57:23 UTC 2003

I read Anders' article on the Omega Point.

If Tipler was correct, the Fermi Paradox is even more obvious.

Personally I think the process outlined in the Omega Point theory was achieved very quickly, four billion years ago. We are deliberately excluded from its direct affects, but many 'dead' people have opted for continued life (via split selves which have been repaired and upgraded in most instances) on more advanced worlds. The fact that we are 'rescued' (if we opt to be so) by the Omega Point (or Matrix) when we 'die' explains the Fermi Paradox and our soon-to-end quarantine from our soon-to-be amortal buddies hovering around nearby, with every gimmick from instant teleportation to quantum reconfiguration devices to multiversal gateways. Splitting quantum hairs is easy for a post-Singularity club...