[extropy-chat] Can we improve upon monkey politics?

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 gpmap at runbox.com
Wed Nov 19 06:28:47 UTC 2003

First, I am not so sure we have improved on monkey politics yet. Doing human
politics instead of monkey politics would perhaps already be good enough in
today's world.
Can we TRANSCEND human politics? Of course not, by definition since we are
humans. Posthumans will transcend human politics. Can we IMPROVE human
politics? I think yes we can, by considering politics as engineering: first
we establish some goals, then find out how to come as cloase as possible to
such goals in view of the constraints of the real world.