[extropy-chat] Re: Harv's Explanation for Slow Progress

bradbury bradbury at blarg.net
Wed Nov 19 15:26:43 UTC 2003

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 8:24pm Technotranscendence <neptune at superlink.net> wrote:
> Let me have a look at your source code and I'll have a patch out for it =
> by Xmas...:)

Dan.  This is perhaps reasonable if I had access to the
source code.  But my best guess is that we may be 15-20
years waiting for this (and I stress the *guess* part).
The second problem I see with this strategy is people
using the upgrade in an improper fashion -- ("Oh cool
here is this upgrade that makes Robert Bradbury more
verbal/semantic I'll just apply it to myself as well.")
It seems to run the risk of creating lots more Robert
Bradburys in the process.  (A) I think I might have some
copyright issues; and (B) would you really want to run
the risk of creating more of me???  The Universe currently
can probably comfortably hold several copies of Anders,
myself, Robin, Eli, etc. but at some point it seems
likely that something will have to give.  I'd suggest
you go read Aristoi again.

Best,
Robert