[extropy-chat] Human Evolution

kevinfreels at hotmail.com kevinfreels at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 19 19:54:44 UTC 2003

What I keep running into is that it would be unethical to try this, so noone
reallly knows for sure. Why, I have no idea. It seems to be a natural
occurance that similar species create hybrids on occasion. What makes us so
special that we shouldn;t try this when we do it regularly with horses?
If it is possible, it is probably difficult. You would most-likely have to
mate several different individuals repeatedly. It might take hundreds or
even thousands of attempts with a variety of different subjects.
Supposing a hybrid were produced, what does that mean for the current
classification system and the history of our species?