[extropy-chat] Harvey's wager

Emlyn O'regan oregan.emlyn at healthsolve.com.au
Thu Nov 20 01:38:20 UTC 2003

Not so quick, Brett. The fact that that singularitarian gets to "hold" the
money is the only reason the bet is useful to him/her. That's Harvey's
subtle modification to make the bet worthwhile, and stop it being a straight
bet on the end of the world*.

Emlyn
(* - well, perhaps the end of money, for example, which is functionally
equivalent when betting with money)