[extropy-chat] Human Evolution

ABlainey at aol.com ABlainey at aol.com
Thu Nov 20 02:54:51 UTC 2003

kevinfreels at hotmail.com writes:

> Apparently you are very stupid relative to Harvey. Can't you tell you don't
> belong here? You don't have "CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
> Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,
> NSA Certified Assessor, IBM Certified Consultant, SANS Certified GIAC
> " behind your name.
>
> I have high regards for people who have accomplished so much. Don't
> misunderstand me. Just don't let those who BELIEVE they know everything
> deter you from your quest for knowledge. There have been many "know-it-alls"
> in history that were later shown to be terribly misguided.  After all, many
> top scientists once believed that a rocket would not work in the vacuum of
> space since there was no atmosphere for the rocket's propulsion to "push"
> against.

I have the greatest respect for people with credentials. More so when I know
what attaining them entails, such as Harvey's long list of letters.
Still the majority of us will be considered the equivalent of stupid flat
earther's in the not too distant future. So in order that some of us are actually
still around in that future to look back at our own stupidity, we need to get
out of our own arses and not be afraid to ask those 'stupid' questions that
we just don't know the answers to.

After all, the Stupid 'What if' and 'I wonder if that would work' type of
questions are responsible for mankind's greatest innovations.

Alex