[extropy-chat] Re: [wta-talk] Libertarianism and the Autistic Spectrum (fwd from fehlinger at un.org)

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Nov 20 11:30:39 UTC 2003

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 12:05:56PM +0100, Max M wrote:
> Eugen Leitl wrote:

Actually, he didn't. He was quoting somebody else.

> Yeah right
>
> And less than 5% of the worlds population are pshycologists and they
> have a very similar psychological profile.
>
> So they they are outside the normal distribution, and thus sick.

Aargh! You missed the point of James' missive.

1) we have an enrichment of a particular, elsewhere very rare type by self-selection

2) the type doesn't play well with others, and doesn't even know it

3) usually not a problem (thus no need to feel very special), but we're out to communicate

We bloody better straighten out our comm act, orelse we'll never get off the
short bus. We'll also be able to better deal with diverse catfights on the
list.

I'm not pointing at anybody particular, but there might be a potential problem.
Don't shoot the messenger. Owch. It hurts.