[extropy-chat] Re: [wta-talk] Libertarianism and the Autistic Spectrum (fwd from fehlinger at un.org)

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Thu Nov 20 18:26:02 UTC 2003

Hmm.. for the record,

I understand where Jim F. is coming from; some of the personalities
here and in other transhumanist-related groups are hard and rigid,
and often it seems that it doesn't occur to those raking someone else
over the coals that they might be wrong or have misunderstood something.
I have permanently  unsubscribed from one of these related groups last week
because of my own distress over an aggressive public character attack.

I for one would welcome more listening than talking (and doing above
all, of course). It would make the discussions on our mailing lists
with less heat and drama (and more boring), but we might attract
a few more people and keep a few more people. Every little bit of
effort helps, especially to make the environment friendlier.

At least consider for more than five seconds some of what Jim F. is
describing. We _can_ do better to try to understand each other. If
we cannot succeed in this tiny microcosm, then what right do you
expect to succeed elsewhere?

Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD
Istituto di Fisica dello Spazio Interplanetario (IFSI)
Roma, ITALIA     Amara.Graps at ifsi.rm.cnr.it