[extropy-chat] Libertarianism and the AutisticSpectrum (fwd from fehlinger at un.org)

natashavita at earthlink.net natashavita at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 20 23:38:31 UTC 2003

From: Amara Graps

>At least consider for more than five seconds some of what Jim F. is
>describing. We _can_ do better to try to understand each other. If
>we cannot succeed in this tiny microcosm, then what right do you
>expect to succeed elsewhere?

Yes.  Like any good design practice, the use and reuse of ideas as patterns
can be compiled in all sorts of different ways to reorient stasis in
thinking patterns.

Solutions to problems require many types of lenses.  Listening is one of
them.  It seems that most of the unempathic characteristics of
transhumanistis is positioning, labeling, claiming, pointing a finger, etc.
Where elese is it so obvioius outside discussions on politics?  Do we ever
accuse each other of being non-superlongevity enthusiasts?
Non-nanotechnology advocates?  Non-biotech advocates?  What does this say
about the culture.  You tell me, because all I'm reading on the topic are
claims of what one person thinks of another person and making that a fact
rather than an impression.  Take Max's short piece in the newsletter.
Rather than address it in the vein it was written, it became a bone of
contention for one group against another group - which was NOT what it was
about.  However smart, I don't think this was because the content was
highly provocative. I think it was because it was written by Max and some
used it to start labeling and making accusations.  This is a very sad
reflection of people's actions.  What political pursuasions were they?
(rehtorical)

Natasha