[extropy-chat] Career advice sought in nanotech/genetic engineering

FromYosee at aol.com FromYosee at aol.com
Fri Nov 21 01:48:47 UTC 2003

I have a doctorate in the social sciences with little background in the
natural sciences.  However, I am dissatisfied with the "soft" sciences and am
finding an interest in the new medical technologies.  So I am contemplating a
career change either to tissue engineering or nanotechnology.  I am looking for
advice from anyone who is familiar with the future of these careers or who may
already be working in those fields.  Since I am middle aged I would want to pick
a program that I could complete in as little time as possible.  Any advice
would be appreciated.
Joe