[extropy-chat] Career advice sought in nanotech/genetic engineering

FromYosee at aol.com FromYosee at aol.com
Fri Nov 21 05:50:18 UTC 2003

Thanks for your speedy response, Brett.  There is a local medical college I
have in mind for tissue engineering, however, I am stumped when it comes to
programs that teach nanotech.  I have not seen that listed.  If you know of any
programs in the Midwest (WI), please let me know.  I have been reading much on
my own but at some point I'll need help and access to the necessary
microscopes and other expensive equipment.
Best,
Joe
Anybody that decides to be a student in the areas that are leading edge
in ones day is going to find they are empowering themselves in a number
of dimensions.

Depending on your personal circumstances you might want to consider
part time study. You might also want to consider whether you want to
acquire knowledge only (that can sometimes be done faster) or whether
you want to have a certificate saying you have the knowledge as well.