[extropy-chat] Personal effectiveness

David Lubkin extropy at unreasonable.com
Sun Nov 23 19:47:20 UTC 2003

When I look at my life-efforts thus far, I see a recurring pattern that's
very frustrating, that I'm eager to change.  I welcome helpful suggestions.

I put substantial effort into a project but move on to something else
before there's a payoff for the effort.  Sometimes I can eventually get
back to it and pick up where I left off.  Sometimes everything I did was
ultimately pointless.

When there's external pressure, I force myself to concentrate and
finish.  When the task is one I've just set for myself, I don't.

I know some people's answer is to monomaniacally focus on one task, finish,
and move on.

That's not me.  I have myriad interests and I delight in this.

I look at certain other people who are involved in many things yet are able
to produce tangible results in several arenas on a regular basis.

What are they doing that I'm not?

I'm aware of simple-minded time management answers; I'm looking for
personal insight from other smart people with diverse interests.

-- David Lubkin.