[extropy-chat] Personal effectiveness

JDP jacques at dtext.com
Mon Nov 24 15:32:01 UTC 2003

Don't worry David, this is only a temporary condition, due to the
silly and arbitrary fact that you are only one body.

More useful remarks of mine include:

> For household, adopt routines that
> insure a short-period return to norm, such as making sure the kitchen sink
> is empty before going to bed.

You know one great advice about this? Wash all the tools (and the
kitchen parts) you use in the preparation of the meal as part of the
meal preparation. If you are only left with what you used for actually
eating the meal, it is no big deal. The horror is to wash the things
in which you cooked things, etc. Wash these along the way, and at the
end of the preparation, before to eat the meal. If they are still hot
from the cooking, it's even easier to wash.

Sorry for delivering only this modest piece of advice :-) but the
other stuff I can think of would probably fall into the "simple-minded
time-management" stuff you already know. The latter (home-grown)
proved quite useful to solve the perfectionnism issue in my case,
putting some pressure on myself to get things done, and to cut stress.

I don't put that kind of pressure on myself all the time, though. I
value the ability to explore things freely, without worrying about
time too much.

Jacques