kitchen sink and all (was: Re: [extropy-chat] Personal effectiveness)

Damien Broderick thespike at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 24 21:52:46 UTC 2003

Jacques wrote:

> It's a powerful technique, but it's not easy to
> re-invent it independently as it seems impossible at first, and ruled
> out by common sense. It's a whole new way of looking at dirty pans.

Depends, I think, on how many sinks you have (most USians have 2 next to
each other, but sometimes one is half the size of the other and/or contains
a disposal unit that chews up scraps, and certains sects aren't permitted to
mix the meaty dishes with the milky ones, etc), whether you use lots of
freely running hot water or prefer to conserve its use, whether you *use*
the sink/s space as part of food preparation (say, peeling vegetables into,
rinsing bloody plastic wrap, etc. If you have a dish washer you can
certainly rinse off pots etc and put them there until later.

Damien Broderick