[extropy-chat] Personal effectiveness

Matus matus at matus1976.com
Tue Nov 25 08:43:51 UTC 2003

Emlyn said:

Personal experience? Google says good things about it (all hail the
great one).

Emlyn

 ----

Adrafinil

-------

For those who've read "A deepness in the sky" by Vinge, I'd love a
temporary "focus" pill, just to be able to plough through things and get
them done. I find I have that ability built in already, but I'm not able
to turn it on at will; it comes and goes as it likes, leaving me at the
mercy of the high seas.

Emlyn

Adrafinil does the same thing as modafinil, which I (not sure which
email I was using at that time) posted a good deal about my personal
experiences with a few months back.  I have a few boxes of both sitting
above my computer at this very moment. Short version: From my
experiences, its great for keeping you awake and alert, although I
wouldn’t say it made me more able to focus then if I was otherwise awake
and alert.  If you are tired it certainly will help keep you awake and
focused but if you are already awake it seems to have little effect.

Michael Dickey (aka Matus)