[extropy-chat] Risks of Smart Drugs

R.Coyote etheric at comcast.net
Tue Nov 25 19:27:12 UTC 2003

The risk of NOT using any particular nootropic that has health promoting
effects may actualy outweigh the  risk of using it.

I do have some experience with adrafinil, I used it during guard duty while
working in security, interestingly The US military are interested in
*modafinil as well.

I've also had noticeably positive effects from vinpocetine.
http://www.nootropics.com/vinpocetine/index.html

It can be dangerous to judge substances with an  intuition alone, so called
"nootropic" substances by definition have a very low to nul level of
possible negative side effects, however I don't consider Mod/Adrafinil a
true nootropic,  for although it is considered a safe, effective and
well-tolerated agent, its is not absolutely benign, and so its occasional
use only for me.

The trick here is to study any substance you might wish to use thoroughly!

http://nootropics.com/
http://adrafinil.com/
http://www.modafinil.com/

note: Modafinil is a controlled substance in the USA