[extropy-chat] cr again

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Nov 28 21:03:08 UTC 2003

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 09:08:26AM -0800, Spike wrote:

> Ah yes, Robert, but my argument is far simpler, and goes
> as follows: by consuming near-Sandbergian quantities of sushi
> on a semi-regular basis, we are constantly reminded of the

Sushi/sashimi is great, but: http://www.bento.com/parasite.html
(ask your favorite search engine, no longer necessarily Google).

Longevity in Japan is very good (though soy hormone analoga are
blamed for premature onset of senility), but incidence of
gastrointestinal cancer in Japan is greater than in the West,
possibly due to chronical irritation due to parasites (can't find
a cite for this, so possible urban legend alert).

Gratuitious random link: http://members.tripod.com/sushilovers/intro.html