[extropy-chat] The Consensus :Expressio unius est exclusioalterius

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 30 01:26:03 UTC 2003

--- Dirk Bruere <dirk at neopax.com> wrote:
> [...]

Only to instruct statist idiots to keep their hands off. Unlike you, or
the UK, we recognise rights as prexisting any constitution or other
document or contract. If you need a governments permission to be
'allowed' to do something, it isn't a right, it is a privilege, one
that they can take away at whim. Rights are an inherent part of your
constitutional being, not a piece of whimsey to be negotiated for on
sufferance.

Our Constitution does not give us our rights, it tells the government
only what it can do, and no more. That which government is not
specifically empowered to do are powers retained by the people as
individuals. This is the difference of a government of citizens and a
government of serfs.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark