[extropy-chat] The Consensus :Expressio unius est exclusioalterius

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Sun Nov 30 03:43:17 UTC 2003

From: "Greg Burch" <gregburch at gregburch.net>

> Are you somehow implying that Republicans *AREN'T* statists?

Well, no ... but there is a tendency to label "liberals" as
statists/leftists (we are all familiar with the term "leftist liberal,"
no?).  And there do seem to more "conservatives" among Republicans (who are
prone to attacking those "leftist liberals").  But, these days, with all
that's been raining down on us since 9/11, who can tell anything about
anyone anymore?

> (Anyway, I agree it's best to try to use cooler language when one is
addressing hot issues, as I've said a zillion times before.)

Agree with you, sir, and thank you.

Olga