[extropy-chat] More testing on the new list

JDP jacques at dtext.com
Tue Oct 14 11:59:58 UTC 2003

Eugen Leitl wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 10:26:20AM +0200, JDP wrote:
>
>>That was fast, too (less than 2 minutes). Of course, different
>>conditions (like many members) might create problems we cannot see in
>>those tests...
>

> As you can deliver >1 kMails/minute on vintage hardware,
>
>   http://www-dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de/~ma/postfix/bench2.html
>
> the turnaround on any average-sized mailing list should be instanteous.
>
> If it isn't, there's something wrong with your MTA,
> or the system running your MTA.

Yes, there shouldn't be any raw computing power issue, but obviously
there was a problem in the first list, so hopefully the tests we are
doing now, though not representing the range of possible conditions, can
allow David to identify it and correct it.

Just guessing: wasn't there a problem with HTML email, maybe? Perhaps
someone could send some HTML email on the new list. (I can't, for
religious reasons.)

Jacques