[extropy-chat] NEWS: optical processors

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Oct 29 18:55:49 UTC 2003

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 12:49:49PM -0600, Damien Broderick wrote:

> I am still getting all of Eugen's posts (such as this one) as attachments,
> not in the email message body. I dislike opening attachments, even from
> someone trustworthy (or someone pretending to be someone trustworthy, which
> is the problem).

For this particular reason I'm posting in plain text, and sign all my
outgoing messages. You can't trust what's in the header. There's reasonable
trust in that whoever claims to be me and uses the right signature is either
me or knows my passphrase, or has this system compromised and has captured my
passphrase.

> But maybe it's something to do with how I, in my ignorance of the annoying
> program, have Outlook Express configured...?

Outlook Express (and a few other notorius email clients) do not comply to RFC
2015 (it's been only around since 1996, or so).

Some of the background can be found here:

	<http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Rants/gpg-signed-mail.html>