[extropy-chat] "The Spike" - Raymond Kurzweil

Barbara Lamar blamar at satx.rr.com
Thu Oct 30 05:35:45 UTC 2003

Robert Bradbury wrote:

<<I will attempt to provide some background on this.  I have sitting on
my desk "The Age of Spiritual Machines" (1999) and of course Ray
published "The Age of Intelligent Machines" in 1992.  Damien did
not publish the Spike until early 2001 though it may have been
available in AU before that.  However people who have followed the
list for many years are aware that Damien was collecting material
(some from the list) from the late '90s onward.>>

Just to set the record straight, THE SPIKE was first released in Australia
in 1997 and THE LAST MORTAL GENERATION in 1999.

By the way, Damien has just received an Australia Council Literature Board
writing Fellowship for 2004 - 2005 to write two novels dealing with the
impact of the coming singularity.

Barbara

Law Office of Barbara Lamar
127 Lewis Street