[extropy-chat] SPACE: Back to the Moon (?)

Brian Shores artillo at comcast.net
Fri Oct 31 04:28:05 UTC 2003

I've heard some ideas a while back about making some form of concrete
with the regolith... maybe they could mix some nice polymers in with it
and also make it sprayable and just spray it over the module shells?
Also a double layer shell might be a partial solution to the leak
issue... just add some sensors in the outer shell and intermediate space
and go in between the shells to patch? Aah maybe there's a simpler
solution; I am just playing with some ideas here.

Would some kind of electromagnetic shielding help in any way versus
radiation, assuming one could be developed that was powerful enough? Is
it really just high energy emissions people are most worried about? This
is a bit out of my experience here, any ideas? :)

Peace,

Artillo