[extropy-chat] ImmInst Update - Cryonics Legislation Withdrawn

support at imminst.org support at imminst.org
Sun Apr 4 05:34:31 UTC 2004

Immortality Institute ~ For Infinite Lifespans
*********************
Ending the Blight of Involuntary Death
Basic Members: 1381 - Full Members: 73

Chat: Quantum Mechanics & Immortality
*********************
AI researcher and ImmInst Full Member, Allan F. Randall
joins ImmInst to discuss how quantum mechanics may
allow for the possibility of immortality.
Chat - Sunday Apr 4 @ 8 PM Eastern
http://www.imminst.org/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=63&t=3202&s=

AZ Cryonics Legislation Withdrawn
*********************
President of Alcor, Joe Waynick, thanks supporters
by saying, "The grassroots support from our membership
and supporters that poured out in such forceful torrents
certainly put us on the map, if not only in the hearts and
minds of the legislature. Thank you!"
http://www.imminst.org/forum/index.php?s=&act=ST&f=61&t=3383

Sociology of Transhumanism
*********************
Admirable discussion between FutureHi.net
founder, Paul Hughes (planetp) and ImmInst
Director, Michael Anissimov.
http://www.imminst.org/forum/index.php?s=&act=ST&f=1&t=3381

We are not living in a simulation
*********************
Masters degree in applied physics from the
Technical University of Delft and owner of
Sturman Enterprises, Henry R. Sturman gives
eight reasons why he thinks we are not living
in a simulation.
http://www.imminst.org/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=67&t=3402

"Facing" Cryonics
Up to 26 faces: http://www.imminst.org/facing_cryonics