[extropy-chat] ultra-compact dwarfs found lurking

Robert J. Bradbury bradbury at aeiveos.com
Sun Apr 4 20:01:21 UTC 2004

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004, Alfio Puglisi wrote:

> >Go watch Armageddon -- and be very afraid.
>
> Yeah, afraid that someone could think about making another movie like that
> one... just about every single bit of astronomy in Armageddon is wrong.
>
> For some examples see:
>
> http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/movies/armpitageddon.html

Ok, yea, yea, yea.  But even though the astronomy is still low it
doesn't prevent me from thinking that living in Montana is safer
than living in Washington D.C.  I'm not sure which concerns
me more the risk of tidal waves from an oceanic impact or
the risk of a terrorist attack.

(And I *do* realize both probabilites are very low at least to the best
of our knowledge.)

Robert