[extropy-chat] Futures idea game (was Nano-assembler feasibility-politics)

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Mon Apr 5 00:12:52 UTC 2004

Spike wrote:

> People don't play Ideas Futures lightly.  I notice
> those who originate and trade in some meme tend to
> know wherewithal.

I'd be more confident of that if they were betting real
money.

When the costs to play are so low, the players have little
to lose. Where they need not even use their own names they
may not even be risking much by way of reputation or
credibility. If the stakes aren't real who really cares?

> IFX is a hell of a tool.

Not yet.  Perhaps potentially if its developed. And if its
not developed soon, after being around for so long, perhaps
its flawed in other respects, or perhaps it will be developed
by other than Robin and co. By developers that have more
time and/or money to commit to it.

Regards,
Brett Paatsch