[extropy-chat] Looking for software

Kevin Freels kevinfreels at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 6 02:20:43 UTC 2004

I am looking for some software that may not even be available yet.

What I would like is a "virtual planet". Something where I can browse over the surface of the Earth and zoom in on any point. I am most interested in geological structure and plant life. I want to be able to look at the African savannah and be able to tell that there is space between the trees.

It doesn;t have to be actual photographic footage or anything. Simulation is just fine. I would just like something with more tha 1 square mile of resolution. I doubt any such thing exists, and if it does, it probably belongs to the military, but I thought I would check and see if anyone knew if this, or something similar was even available.

I don;t even know if it is possible (practical) to make such a thing, but wouldn't it be neat to be able to look at the planet from space, click on France, zoom in on the Eiffel Tower, click on it, adjust your POV and see the land from that point? Then you could zoom out to space,  and zoom back in on the Great Coral Reef or the African Rift or the Himalayas!

With kindest regards,

Kevin D. Freels

Carteret Mortgage Corporation

cmcmortgage at sbcglobal.net

(812) 425-3001    Office

(866) 219-8256    Toll-Free

(812) 425-8468    Fax

Your Referrals Are Greatly Appreciated!

Carteret Mortgage Corporation: We believe in open and honest communication and nothing is hidden from our customers. When a client commits to us for their mortgage, we do the shopping for them. We search our database of over 400 mortgage investors and thousands of loan programs to find the loan best suited for their needs. Whether our customers are searching for the best rate on a fixed rate loan, the lowest fee structures, or loans without mortgage insurance, we have the right solution.

Visit us at www.carteretevv.com