[extropy-chat] Mail Delivery (failure extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org)

BillK bill at wkidston.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Apr 6 15:49:06 UTC 2004

On Tue Apr 6 08:58:49 MDT 2004 Adrian Tymes wrote:
> Yes.  I've seen it before.  No one click on the link:
> it doesn't take you to where it says it takes you.

Clicking on the link offers you the chance to download a file called
'attachment.wav' which is pretending to be a sound file.

This is the Win32.Netsky.P email worm. In this example the attachment is
an executable worm which is pretending to be a .wav file.

Netsky.P is a worm that spreads through e-mail and file sharing.
Netsky.P arrives in the form of a "dropper", which creates and loads a
DLL file containing the bulk of the worm code.

See link for full details:
<http://www3.ca.com/threatinfo/virusinfo/virus.aspx?id=38650>

This attachment should be deleted from the list as soon as possible to
avoid careless readers infecting their PCs.

BillK