[extropy-chat] TECH: lithography progress

Robert J. Bradbury bradbury at aeiveos.com
Tue Apr 6 20:02:18 UTC 2004

For those of you who like to follow progress in the
semiconductor industry Scientific American (online?)
has a good article on the state of the art in lithography.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/print_version.cfm?articleID=000CE8C4-DC31-1055-973683414B7F0000

Interestingly, the title is "The First Nanochips".
Kind of a crow eating exercise from the magazine
that promoted the idea that "nanotech can never happen".

Does anyone have any idea what it costs to manufacture
a printed T-shirt?  I bet if I had some made up saying
something like:

       "I really wanted to believe in nanotech."
  "But Scientific American claimed it couldn't be done."

would be a hot selling item at Foresight conferences
this year.  Or perhaps something with a more scientific
motif...
    Picture of Gary Stix X Picture of Richard Smalley =
                Picture of Turkey

Robert