[extropy-chat] The Dawn of Personalized Medicine

Extropian Agroforestry Ventures Inc. megao at sasktel.net
Thu Apr 8 03:16:44 UTC 2004

Picking stocks based on trend alone is not much more than the monkey does if
you give him the right stock  page to poop on.
I keep getting "Hot Stock" calls from brokers flogging  shares .
These "Hot Stocks" unfortunately seem to resurface over and over sometimes
never doing the deal.  Just the other day as well as 8 months ago I have had
nearly the very exact same broker call about a company called Myelin Labs
and their being on the verge of FDA approval for production of a generic
pharma......
The same guy and the same script almost to a word.
The pitch is not so unreasonable but once you hear it the second time, the
little changes can be telling "the rest of the story".

However one I have had pitched 3 times in 18 months is "Kaleco Scientific".
They may have a hard time getting the capital, but I think the product has
merit.
A Russian/USA alliance with a helmet used in a clinical setting to stimulate

using an offshoot of TENS.

Similarly biopharma is popping up everywhere... the question is  ... is
there another Intel, Microsoft or such this time around or will the field
remain fragmented in the same way the product lines might?

Frankly, I can see the forest/tree conundrum very well from where I am at
because
as I have said a few times before, we are a small company with specialized,
compounded, made to order nutraceuticals now venturing formally into
products
derived from medical cannabis.  Stats say Canada has a 7Billion$  market,
but
nobody knows , us included , if the customers will ever "come out of the
closet".

Yes the trends all say we should be filthy rich but trends,are sometimes
like polls are to dogs, sometimes worth only to piss on.

I have no doubt personalized meds are a major big thing, I just don't think
anybody should kick themselves if they miss out on the "hot picks" because
they just are not that easy to pick.

"Pharmer Mo"