[extropy-chat] Atheist Easter

scerir scerir at libero.it
Thu Apr 8 19:02:22 UTC 2004

> > I thought we extropes celebrated the return of the
> > Solar Cause?

> That's in December.  This is April.  The question was
> for something to celebrate near or on Easter.

[1] 'Easter' is always on Sunday, *solis* dies, *sun* day

[2] 'Easter' (perhaps) derives from a German root, 'ostern',
for 'dawn' or 'east', which is the time and place of the rising sun.
This makes sense as a reason why a day commemorating resurrection
would have called 'Easter'. Jesus is thought to have risen around
dawn, or sunrise, on resurrection Sunday (Matthew 28-1 and Mark 16-2).

sun-day, sun-rise, bah ...