[extropy-chat] Semi-megascale engineering

Robert J. Bradbury bradbury at aeiveos.com
Thu Apr 8 21:02:10 UTC 2004

For those of you interested in the engineering of megascale
structures Popular Science has a good article providing
some examples of things that are being built or could be
built.

See: http://www.popsci.com/popsci/science/article/0,12543,599827-1,00.html

The first thing I noticed was that several of the projects
could be funded by Larry Ellison or Bill Gates without taking
much of a hit.  The second thing I noticed was how complex
(and expensive) the Yucca Mtn. project is when a combination
of nanotech and nuclear transmutation makes it completely
unnecessary.

Robert