[extropy-chat] MARS: Because it is hard

Emlyn ORegan Emlyn.Oregan at micromet.com.au
Tue Apr 13 04:23:31 UTC 2004

It sounds as though it could be intelligent to use both our moon and a
Mars moon. Set up our moon as a general staging area for anything off
earth, put a mission together to go from their to Mars via a base on a
Mars satellite. Is their some radically different form of propulsion
that could be used to go moon-to-moon, where the transport craft isn't
designed to go near a serious gravity well?

Emlyn