[extropy-chat] The rapidly emerging field of brain computerinterfaces

natashavita at earthlink.net natashavita at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 14 16:50:06 UTC 2004

From: Giu1i0

>From the New York Times: Can a machine read a person's mind? A medical
>device company is about to find out. The company, Cyberkinetics Inc., plans
>to implant a tiny chip in the brains of five paralyzed people in an effort
>to enable them to operate a computer by thought alone. The Food and Drug
>Administration has given approval for a clinical trial of the implants,
>according to the company.

Very nice website: http://www.cyberkineticsinc.com/

Just this morning, I was at an ENT doctor's office looking at the results
of an MRI of my brain.  (Psst ... there is some matter in there, I saw it!)

I hope this is not something they connect to the brain? :-) Or sit on.
http://www.cyberkineticsinc.com/technology.htm

Natasha