[extropy-chat] Be[ing] or Not Be[ing]

Thu Apr 15 03:33:08 UTC 2004

On Wednesday, April 14, 2004, at 06:45 am, Robert J. Bradbury wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Johnius wrote:
>
>> 	One episode seemed to have 12-15 different 'scientists',
>> 	all of whom were doing everything in their power to refute
>> 	non-theistic science. [snip]
>
> One way to deal with this is to pose the question "What if we
> are in a simulation?"

I don't see how this position is any more supportable or useful than
the unproven religious views.  I have never understood why some people
here bash religion, but think the simulation argument sounds
reasonable.  It sounds like the same theory, to me, with IT technology
terminology replacing religious terminology.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec