[extropy-chat] Manifolds for your Coffee Table

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Thu Apr 15 18:55:54 UTC 2004

A few days ago,  a surprise from my sister arrived in my mail:

http://www.kleinbottle.com

The bottle is great.

The promo literature that comes with the bottle is also great.

[example: Dear Valued Customer and Manifold Connoisseur:

We at Acme Klein Bottles appreciate your interest in our topological
products. Indeed, we were so stunned by a real order that our entire
office, factory, and research staff celebrated with a can of root bear.
Thanks to your kind purchase, Acme has become Oakland's Foremost Vendor
of onesided, self-intersecting, nonorientable glass & wollen manifolds.

We note that your purchase order did not specify the number of spatial
dimensions in the receiving universe. Rather than send a separate
inquiry, we have taken the liberty of shipping a 3-dimensional product.]

four pages like that...

And who is behind the Klein bottle marketing and manufacturing manifesto?

None other than our old friend from Cuckoo's Egg (Cliff Stoll)

http://www.kleinbottle.com/acme_faq.htm

Happy manifolding,
Amara

Amara Graps, PhD          email: amara at amara.com
Computational Physics     vita:  ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers         URL:   http://www.amara.com/