[extropy-chat] Method and apparatus for generating propulsive forces without the ejection of propellant

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 16 15:18:30 UTC 2004

--- Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=6,098,924.WKU.&OS=PN/6,098,924&RS=PN/6,098,924

> This 2000 patent might be old news on this list; it reminds me of the
> fabled Lorrey Drive. (John Cramer took it somewhat seriously some
> year ago.)

Yes, this patent is for a linear version, what one might term an
'inchworm'. The results are consistent with my own calculations. The
Lorrey Drive, which is a rotary model in several versions, isn't quite
so fabled. I do have a pair of prototypes of the hydraulic version
built to operate side by side (cancelling out each others torque). I
have not, as yet, been financially fluid enough to pay for a test program.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development
                                       - Gen. John Stark