[extropy-chat] Nederland's Frozen Dead Guy Days

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 16 21:01:39 UTC 2004

--- "Stephen J. Van Sickle" <sjvans at ameritech.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 12:10, Mike Lorrey wrote:
>
> > I'd suggest that the Immortality Institute and other cryonics
> > groups get involved, host a booth to recruit cryonics clients at
> the festival.
>
> Yep, in the one place in the United States where they made cryonics
> *illegal* (The grandfather was, well, grandfathered).  The festival
> is mocking the guy.  Real receptive crowd.
>
> Cryonet has been arguing this for weeks.  I hope it doesn't bleed
> over here.

I'd suggest we not take ourselves so seriously and get into the spirit.
If Trygve Bauge has given the festival his blessing, then I think the
rest of us should, too. It's evident from the fact that a local radio
station got a nice new shed for the guy, and the fellow Trygve
contracted to maintain his dry ice actually refers to and treats his
client like he actually is under suspension and not just a frozen dead
guy, it's evident that there is openness to the concept. Heck 70% of
the town supports the suspension and voted out of office the board that
passed the bad ordinance.

People need to learn that others will start taking you seriously when
you show you are entirely capable of mocking yourself.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development
                                       - Gen. John Stark