[extropy-chat] CRYO: A smart cryonaut investment?

Robert J. Bradbury bradbury at aeiveos.com
Fri Apr 23 00:38:12 UTC 2004

Its not a bad idea Mike.  But you are betting on the fact
that nanotech based isotope separation, particularly
using single proton massometers as discussed in Nanomedicine
Vol. 1, are not developed during the period one is frozen.
(I've got a paper on this but have not released it yet.)

If you have enough nanorobots at your disposal its relatively
easy to process a volume of material to remove any radioactive
isotopes for processing (transmutation into stable isotopes).
So I strongly suspect that the same technology that would
allow cryonics reanimation would allow radioactive decontamination.
Which of these technologies would come first could be open
to discussion.

I suspect that in Ukraine or Russia (or many FSU states) one
is going to be in a swamp with regard to title over property.
The "rule of law" is a very "flexible" concept there.
So property you might own (before you are "dead") could
easily end up in someone elses hands if effective decontamination
procedures are developed in advance of effective reanimation
procedures.

Robert