[extropy-chat] Interplanetary Interplay

David Lubkin extropy at unreasonable.com
Thu Apr 29 14:57:12 UTC 2004

Olga wrote:

>Other scientists have suggested that the best way to ensure that there is no
>interplanetary interplay is to crew the mission with astronauts over 50:

These would, presumably, be young scientists. I have an uncle, 98 this
year, who still has an eye for the ladies.

>"Nasa is talking about the chemical sterilisation of astronauts on longer
>journeys,"

What about going the other direction -- encouraging polyamory between all
the crew?

Parenthetically, the person the article names as an "other scientist[s],"
Peter Bond, is a teacher and writer, not a scientist, with a degree in
geography.

-- David Lubkin.