[extropy-chat] 9/11 Commission Report

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 07:21:11 UTC 2004

I am very worried although not of a nuclear attack per se.  I am
worried that human freedom, prosperity and invention may be seriously
curtailed and rolled back through global agression and
counter-agressions.   I am worried that the continuously diet of fear
we in the US are being fed will preclude the majority of the people
from even remembering to care about freedom.  I am afraid the majority
will vote for whatever draconian "cure" for their fear that the
proponents of the fear wish to sell them next.  I am worried that the
anti-mind, anti-science, pro-belief folks are running the show and
that their control of the Executive is ever more dire as the Executive
gets more and more unilateral power.  I am worried that both the
NeoCons and the New Democrats share a penchant for imperialistic
control of the world in the best interest of continuous US domination
on all fronts.   I am worried that in all practical ways the parties
are nearly indistinquishable except for the facade over the top of the
same underlying  deadly designs for the country and the world.   I am
worried that we are playing bizarre idiotic games while burning
through our primary energy source and best chemical feedstocks.   I am
worried that we are playing US vs Them games at every level and their
are no voices hardly anymore that seek to find solutions that work for
all.

- samantha