[extropy-chat] Fahrenheit 911 - objective review?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 13 12:43:07 UTC 2004

--- Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> I saw it.  I didn't find it funny.  I expected to see propaganda and
> I did.  But that doesn't mean it doesn't contain checkable facts.
>
> Have you seen it Spike?
>
> Did anyone see anything in it that was factually inaccurate? If so,
> what?

Propaganda like this is more a matter of what was left out rather than
what was put in. If I made a movie only of right wing racist white
skinheads shooting guns, and presented it as the face of the American
gun culture, every fact presented would be checkable, except of course
the ones I left out.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development