[extropy-chat] Fahrenheit 911 - objective review?

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 13 16:26:13 UTC 2004

> Patrick Wilken
> Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Fahrenheit 911 - objective review?
>

> On 13 Aug 2004, at 17:43, Spike wrote:

> > Politics create such odd paradoxes, ya gotta love it.
>
> Spike:
>
> Its really too bad that US doesn't have proportional voting like in
> Australia. It would help stop you have to second guess the party you
> vote for.
>
> best, patrick

Actually we kinda do: we vote on representatives.  The
presidency is only one office (an important one of course).
But ideally from a libertarian point of view, one likes to
see the congress and the presidency held by opposing parties.
If so, then preferrably the lefties hold the presidency and
the righties hold both houses of congress.  That way budgets
tend to be leaner, which is good.