[extropy-chat] electing ideas [was Re:Fahrenheit 911 - objective review?]

Brent Neal brentn at freeshell.org
Sat Aug 14 19:35:56 UTC 2004

 (8/14/04 12:17) Pat Fallon <pfallon at ptd.net> wrote:

>This might send a message to the Republicans that they shouldn't take
>those voters for granted based on the belief that they have no where to go.

Unfortunately, the current unholy alliance between the neocons and the fundamentalist Christian right-wing is so well-funded that barring an election rout or a libertarian lobbying blitz (isn't that an oxymoron? *G*), the Republican party will continue to take voters like me for granted. I personally intend to cast votes based on pure spite in several elections just for this reason.

Brent

--
Brent Neal
Geek of all Trades

"Specialization is for insects" -- Robert A. Heinlein