[extropy-chat] electing ideas [was Re:Fahrenheit911-objectivereview?]

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 15 06:36:41 UTC 2004

> Mike Lorrey
>
> Instead, if you want the GOP to back away from luddite policies, you
> should back a radical luddite like Buchanan to nader Bush. If you want
> to nader Bush with the war, play up Bush's connections to Grover
> Norquist and via him the radical Islamic set, and promote a rabid
> anti-muslim candidate.
> =====
> Mike Lorrey

I admit I am at a loss in this election.  I see no real
differences in how the two front runners will handle
the war.  Kerry says he will fight a more sensitive war.  But
all war is hell, there is no reforming it.  Kerry witnessed
a number of war crimes in Vietnam that evidently no one else
saw.  Either he committed the war crimes himself or he lied,
which would be treason.  I have seen no other witnesses
backing up his testimony.

Bush is messing up in an area that really matters: stem cell
research.  Nader didn't make the ballot in most states, and
I never even heard of the libertarian candidate before two
weeks ago.  I suspect we will end up with screwed leadership.

But if the past is any indication, we will do just fine anyway.  spike